Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Night Sew In

so last night was July's Friday Night Sew In .... below was my project of the night ... I machine quilted this "stacked coins" baby quilt -- although I think its a bit larger.  It is made from a Moda charm pack and since I've managed to toss the package ... (it was an ebay find) ... the white is a white / white ... mostly straightline quilting with my walking foot --- the meandering quilting is way beyond my skill or patience level.  I still need to decide on the binding .... and clean it up a bit....





then as I was picture taking (always a challenge) .... look who decided to wander thru the yard.   and midday  !!   getting ready to nibble on the garden ... wrong.



happy sewing!!!  here is the link to the rest the  Friday Night Sew In !!!  Grab your beverage and enjoy the show .....

7 comments:

Peg said...

What a lovely quilt - and such a nice surprise to see the deer just when the camera was ready!

Jandi said...

Very cute! I actually have a harder time with the straight line quilting than the meandering. I feel like the meandering is more forgiving of my mistakes!

Rose said...

I really like that baby quilt! It is so bright and cheery!

Angie said...

Great job with your Friday Night Sew In. Aren't the Moda pre-cuts awesome for a coin quilt - very pretty colors :)

Kay Lynne said...

What a beautiful baby quilt! I love the colors.

Mary Anne Drury said...

You did a GREAT job on that quilt! Very fresh and pretty!

Yvonne said...

Nice quilt! Thanks for stopping by my blog too.