Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wednesday Night Travels

 i was speeding along on the atv -- headed to stamping to checkout the work of the super stampers and look what i found -- GIANT MUSHROOMS  -- growing in a weedy section of the field road ... really weedy

yep -- plucked it, held it and pix'd it .... not an easy task for this middle aged woman (not old yet - just feels that way) .. the cap felt like rally soft suede ... the stem was 8" ...

here's a clump of 5 -- and yes I believe them to be toxic.... will scout them out tomorrow and see what's up.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Dang! I can't find my mushroom Identification book.
Very cool.

Marie said...

yes they are I didn't get up there tonight to check them out and the internet didn't have a whole lot a pictures..

Marie said...

yes they are I didn't get up there tonight to check them out and the internet didn't have a whole lot a pictures..