Sunday, September 19, 2010

ah, the day of rest (not)

Please scroll down for the Friday Night Sew In ...

Well, half of the wacky weekend is done.  Sorta.  The farmers market was a bust yesterday.  We just don't have the customers we used to have -- not sure what's up with that but .... I was up a the crack of dawn (or before) ... headed out for livestock duty (yes 8 chickens and a herd of cats are livestock) ... stepped in a fresh pile of cat poo.....hopped into the idling truck kicked off the smelly shoe and drove back to the house for clean shoes...by then I was a bit irked.  So, McDonalds was my treat ...

It was cold -- 42' thru the entire morning.  And I'm drinking ICED coffee.  Needless to say --- it was a bust.  So I came home, flipped on the oven and baked 4 kinds of squash.  Delicata, Sweet Dumpling, Carnival and a Buttercup.  All were fabulous.  So today is squash casserole (with pecans, brown sugar and brandy) and probably squash pie and frozen squash for my lunch! 

Elders returned from fishing trip.  Sounds like they had a good time.  Cold up there too....28' in the am.  Last trip of the year -- next week will head up and retrieve the camper -- bring it home to bed in the shed.  I cleaned out/up market truck so it can become camper truck next! 

so, hoping for warmer weather
Diva
see it 'twas cold -- notice the layers, the scarf, the HOT coffee....
(mr & mrs h --- before they headed to the Gopher foot ball game)

2 comments:

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

I'm thinking people dont want to get out of bed when the weather is cooler, because that's the only thing that would stop me going to a Farmers Market.

Glad you chnaged your shoes BEFORE you left , and of course you had to get Maccas as compensation. That's only fair.

Sheri said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.
Your quilt is beautiful and also the vegies.
It's cooling off here too but I'm happy, I don't care for the hot weather. It must be my Norwegian Ancestry :)