Thursday, September 23, 2010

thursday (the day of nothing)

i don't know about the rest of the Valley, but this Diva is not getting a damn thing done. 

it's raining (still -- 6+ inches later), i'm researching ark building plans.

a pool of water has appeared in my basement -- first time in 9 years.

it's really humid and my short hair is getting curlier.

the sprinklers at the Episcopal Church were sprinkling this morning (and it rained all night long)

some idiot in a large truck wiped out on the road below our house so the road is closed (indefinately -- could be worse -- it could be flooded -- wait that's on the way -- by saturday it will be here and it has rained more upriver.)  (oh joy).

30 miles south of here the flooding is so ugly there are not allowed to flush their toilets....better use mine before the powers in charge decide that would be a good plan around here....  ugh.


so, I'm putting on the pink flannel pants and getting to work -- me, the pink pants, oprah and the cat.

Marie

1 comment:

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Sounds dreadful but at least you still have Oprah.

I cannot imagine not being able to flush my toilet...that could get ugly.

My sincere wish for you is that your toilet remain unaffected.

P.S. You can pop over here if you get desperate and they clear your road. I'll pop the kettle on.