Saturday, October 16, 2010

Friday Night Sew In

  Well, I could have accomplished more but frankly, I wasn't in the mood to sew.  That being said I finished strip piecing another window quilt (old buildings and Minnesota winters make for drafts ... so my office windows are all getting nighttime quilts ) ...  this one is from a jelly roll -- Dream On (Urban Chicks?) ... went together fast... most of the windows are 30"wide by 84" tall and the glass is original to 1895 so.... the quilts are long and skinny and are going together quite fast



Then I moved on to sandwiching (is that a word) the string pieced project I started in January and finished in May (gasp May FNSI)  -- I picked up some heavyweight flannel at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 a yard and used it to face rather than a batt and backing....it's pretty heavy and well I thought this would be less work (wrong again) ... I foundation pieced the strings because I hadn't read this (String Quilt Tutorial) spiffy tutorial.




  So I'm up and ready for another day at the always entertaining St. Peter Farmer's Market -- I'm hoping it is my last day at the Market -- 50 pumpkins, 6 bushel of winter squash and I'm outta there for the year !!!! 


Here is the link to the rest of the FNSI participants -- enjoy the show and many thanks to the ladies for hosting and the treats!!!  Click HERE NOT THE BUTTON














7 comments:

Green Tea said...

Love those Quilts..My Mother in law
made beautiful quilts.
I would never have the patience.

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Diva, you know those window quilts are totally my style of quilt. Love the in your face use of colour.

Congrats on a productive FNSI.

Hope market went well. Did you get the new car yet? Are you loving it?

Melody said...

I think you did pretty well on FNSI. Gorgeous quilts.

Nanna said...

love your quilt, it looks like the old time paper piece pattern
Helen

Maria said...

Those strippy quilts will surly brighten your office windows and help keep you warn.
Oh NO!! not foundation piecing for strippy blocks. I just sew them straight onto Wadding and backing. the QAYG method.

Sandra said...

Love the fabrics in the quilts you are making. Beautiful!

One year I picked and sold several truck fulls of sweet corn at our local farmer's market. It was quite the experience. Best wishes as you finish up the harvest:)

Megan said...

Beautiful sewing!! I'm loving those window quilts!