Saturday, October 30, 2010

Quilt Bloggers Show


A charm pack (a breath of Avinon) lead to this masterpiece.  It was my challenge to have all of the points match up and finally they do.  It took a couple of FNSI's to get it pieced and now it's been hanging on the wall unquilted for several months while I decide how to quilt.  The decision has been made -- by hand ... in the ditch  ... it's a great way to relax, watch a little TV and still feel like something is getting accomplished.

Somewhere in magazine reading/blog reading I saw a similar full size quilt with HST with the black and loved the boldness and drama of the look.  And then will internet shopping stumbled over the charm pack.  Gotta love internet shopping for fabric.  I did end up searching LQS for the borders and eventually found some online too.....

Thanks to Amy for hosting the show!  Head on over and check out the rest of the fabulous goodies!  Lots of hard work and talented quilters.


Amy's Creative Side - Blogger's Quilt Festival





14 comments:

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

I do appreciate the difficulty in getting points to match up (mine rarely do !)

This quilt is beautiful Diva. Enjoy the hand quilting. I hear its very relaxing.

Denise :) said...

Marie, what a beautiful top! I like the dramatic look of it too, with the black. NICE! I don't think I have the patience to line up all my points, though. LOL!! :)

Linda said...

I love the colors in this quilt...a very happy quilt! Nice workmanship too!

Elizabeth said...

That is absolutely beautiful! Those matched points really paid off. It looks sharp. I love the colors!

xo -El

The Tulip Patch said...

love the fabric...the black looks great and I would have been way too scared to try that first! Beautiful quilt!

The Calico Cat said...

black really does add drama to this quilt. Job well done.

Lonci said...

I like this very much:)

Sandra said...

What a crisp cheery quilt. Great job on all those pesky 1/2 sq triangles. Another quilting suggestion would be outline diagonals 1/4" from seams.
Come see my 1890 antique schoolhouse quilt and
black/white/pink scrappy miniature

Marg said...

This is beautiful, I really love Breath of Avignon, and it looks wonderful paired with black. Oh to be able to match up all of my points, congratulations.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Perfect points!!!! a lovely, striking quilt. I'm a bit nervous about using black but love it when I see it used in quilts.

NiCoLe said...

What a lovely quilt of HSTs. Truly a feat to have all the points! I've been wanting to make one like this. Maybe I'll get to it soon.

Karen said...

I love HSTs and these look great against the black. Great colours and great quilt!

Chris said...

Sweet little quilt. I love to hand quilt in front of the TV :)

Quiltbenaco said...

Il nero da un valore a questo quilt
Ciao Domenica