Sunday, June 26, 2011

saturday finds ....

   so because I was in the "big" city and dumping at the thrift shop I .... needed some fabric ...

Hancock had a sale (they are remodeling -- what's up with remodeling every store I went to  was topsy turvy) .. 18 yards in 3 hunks for $40 ... quilt backs and extras ...

this one is a Hoffmann .... nice feel to it ...

another Hoffmann with ZINNAs on it ..

I did so well at Hancock's ... I went to River City Quilts to check 'em out ... and picked up another Java charm pack and some yardage (and managed to include the receipt with the picture) ... so 4 yards and a charm were more expensive than 18 yards of backs....

the purpose of the trip was to dump stuff at the thrift shop -- including my used, but in great shape treadmill -- I was at 3, yes 3 different thrift shops and NONE of them would take the damn thing.  so if you or anyone you know needs a BASIC non motorized treadmill with no gadgets .... call me I'll deliver.  it'll be in front of the office on Monday with a FREE sign on it.  

this, mind you, is after I struggled to get it up the stairs, out the door and into the back of my car ...... in addition to the fabulous fabric -- I hit up Sam's Club for kitty litter and groceries and HyVee for more groceries ... so the return trip had groceries and cat litter piled on top of a treadmill.

Marie






3 comments:

Green Tea said...

I don't know how far you want to deliver but Unique thrift store in New Hope takes exercise equipment..anyway they have in the past.

Saw your cousin Pat yesterday at the Brass Drum and Bugle corp run through :)

Shay said...

Nice fabric haul. Love the Hoffmann Zinnias - reminds me of Erin McMorris Wildwood which I adore. I love it when I get a bargain on quilt backs.

Some of the thrift stores here are really picky about what they'll take and what they wont too. Hope you get rid of thattreadmill. Im sure it'll disappear if you put a "free " sign on it.

Marie said...

I'm hauling the ugly thing to the office and putting a "free" sign on it....I'm betting it'll be gone in 20 minutes ... happened the last time with 20 leftover bikes from Santa Anonymous ... they were fighting over the bikes on the sidewalk -- closest thing to a riot peterville has ever had.....