Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ta Da !!!

    A new day brings new perspective! 

I ripped only two blocks -- way to much drama on Friday night.  So this morning while laundry was washing I was sewing -- 2 loads done and so was this top!

It's bigger than I thought too.  Probably should read the entire pattern first eh!

For the first two pictures I was standing a top the picnic table which has water on it from the recent deluge -- damn it just doesn't quit raining here.

Here is the link to the Moda BakeShop Blog with the pattern Strawberry Fields Brick Quilt. Note I used a PURE layer cake and my own version solid charm packs. I really didn't mix or match or organize any of the colors just grabbed and sewed -- got lucky ... I think I'm going to repeat this pattern with whatever I find in my scrap bins .... and maybe just solids for the charms .... options, options, options.

 
and since I was on top of the picnic table -- good shot of a perenial bed -- although a bit fuzzy.

Happy Father's Day to all.

M

2 comments:

gz said...

Now that's a lot better!!! . Looking forward to seeing the finished article :-)

Shay said...

I adore that fabric line and I think your quilt top looks fantastic!