Thursday, July 14, 2011

Favorite Things Friday ....

Mrs. P is again hosting Favorite Things Friday ... pop on over to her blog and check out the rest of the favorites the link is HERE !!!
if the stars are properly aligned Jean and I are going to road trip it to THE MALL OF AMERICA the shopping mecca of Bloomington MN.  for those of you down under (mrs. p - that would be you) .... the MOA has everything -- for sale -- it would be the largest (or second largest) enclosed shopping center in North America !!! 

all of this shopping and no QUILT shops!   no fabric !!  but it has everything else.

okay I stole these pictures of a website -- so they're blurry .....


below is the amusement park

fun facts ... it's not heated -- body heat does it all.  odd eh?
in the basement is Underwater World .... huge aquarium
there is a wedding chapel
there is a university

ka ching ka ching ... hear the swipe of the credit card .....



9 comments:

Mistea said...

That looks like fun on all counts - but how long does it take -surely it's like a vacation destination!
Hope your credit cards don't get too tired.

Logopaedchen/Kirsten said...

Oh how I would love to join you. I miss real shopping malls so much. They only have those here in very few places in the really big citiies...oh well..hope you find some really good bargains.

Amanda said...

What all shops and no fabric. Wow bet you have sore legs after some retail therapy in that place. Where Mrs P and I live we only have tiny shopping centres, interstate have bigger ones but I don't think there would be anything to compare with that place in Australia.

Marg said...

I agree, nothing at all like that here in Australia. The closest I've been to something like that was Mall of the Emirates, in Dubai. That was big, and had an indoor snow ski slope. I don't think it's nearly as big as Mall of America. It didn't have any fabric shops either, lol.

Dianne Neale said...

Hey I've been there. We had something like 6 hours stop-over at Minneapolis airport. We took the rail there, had something to eat, then went back! I remember it was BIG.

Shay said...

A shopping mall that's so big I cant even imagine it? Sounds like the kind of place I could do serious damage ....

Cant believe they dont have fabric stores...that kind of stinks.And a fun park inside a shopping centre? You're joking?

Have fun....take lots of pictures. That place is HUGE!

Michelle Ridgway said...

That looks incredible. Hard core shopping there I bet.

thea said...

Hope you have/had a great time! I went there last summer when waiting for my nephew to fly in to Minneapolis .. it was amazing. Don't spend too much!

Love Of Quilts said...

Thats what I call a shopping trip. Trish