Saturday, July 23, 2011

Friday Night Sew In ---

it was a pretty productive night ...

I got the binding sewed down on this lap robe -- with less than an inch to spare ... so not a "join it together" more like a squeeze it together and do some creative stitching

then I made the binding for this quilt -- Amy did a nice job quilting on this one ... it's adorable (Amy is my new best friend!)

I made sure I had more than enough binding for this one!  and had 3 ft too much ...

then I practiced some free motion quilting on a couple of mug rugs for the office.

I went hunting for a quilt picture and found this pic of Grandma (left) and Great Aunt Vicky ... it's got to be 25 years old ... I just love the smiles !!! 

So check out the rest of the FNSI .... FRIDAY NIGHT SEW IN 


Handmade by Heidi



3 comments:

Logopaedchen/Kirsten said...

Congratulations on the very successful evening. Seems it was "binding day". I also cut and put bindiing on my quilt.

supermom said...

You did have a productive FNSI. I need to put binding on a quilt as well, but with this heat, I can't seem to want to get going on it.

I don't know if you've heard of the Traveling Stash, but if you have and you're interested, it's my turn to send it on to the next person, so I'd love for you to come enter the giveaway.

Shay said...

Well done on getting so much done. I completely flaked out!

Love that cute flower quilting Diva.Very whimsical.