Sunday, July 3, 2011

so, here's the deal

I love McDonalds Vanilla Iced Coffee and at $ 2.34 it is not that expensive -- I make the large last all day ... 1/2 for morning -- freeze the balance and 1/2 in the late afternoon .... 

Out there surfing in blogland I ran across the Pioneer Woman ... THIS IS HER ICED COFFEE RECEIPE  .  So while shopping today -- I bought supplies, namely a clean tub, bottled water and light roast coffee ... and started ...

It is pretty darn good !!!  I did a gallon of water to 11oz of coffee ... and yes it is a sludgy mix.  Strained with 2 paper towels ... seemed to work well.  Kinda messy ...

I used whole milk and sugar free vanilla flavoring ... and it's just like McDonalds !!!  We'll have to see how long it lasts !!! 

M

1 comment:

Shay said...

I may have to point my sister to this recipe.She's an addict !