Saturday, August 27, 2011

Market Day !!

   okay I'm up and awake before the chickens ... literally.  the coffee is already trying to make its way to my brain .. another 5 minutes and it'll have reached its intended destination.

   The produce is picked, cleaned and packed.  I really don't have much ... a dozen melons, a couple squash, a bushel of zuchini -- Gordy's green beans, cukes, eggplants and some kind of berries (goose or choke).

    The recipe of the week is typed and printed.

   Need to stop at the newly cleaned office (thanks Lori) and pick up all the stuff I forgot to bring home.  There is a list.

   Let the games begin .....

M


Cucumber Dip.....

8 oz cream cheese softened
1/2 C chopped and seeded cucumber
1/4 C chopped onion
2T Mayo ....
(mix it up)

(editor's note -- I stole this from cousin Jan -- she served it at the party Thursday night --- pretty darn TASTY ... and pretty darn SIMPLE )
  

2 comments:

Shay said...

Good Luck with selling all the produce. Sounds like the deer proofing worked if you have things to sell.

Green Tea said...

I am definitely going to try this..
We'll be down for rock bend fest and my class reunion..will you have anything left at your market??