Friday, July 5, 2013

5th of July

 holy cats!  summer is almost 1/2 over ... someone just reminded me of that fact.  I'm hoping for a late start to fall. 

 hung out with some high school friends Wednesday night -- it was nice to visit, I'm constantly amazed how far we've traveled and how varied our lives have become. 

 made it thru the parade yesterday .. our float was fantastic!  we rocked it ... even when the truck died and needed to be pushed for 4 blocks.  many thanks to our muscle -- Andrew & Sean ....  we're picking up facebook fans --  so our flyers may have generated some interest.  I swear -- once we started moving; we were thru the route and done in a flash ... that hour sped past.  it was fun, I hope we do it again next year!

 since napping wasn't on the agenda ... I went up and planted 35 hills of sugar baby watermelons (had seed left over) ... they are 70 day melons -- hopefully they make it.  and I planted a couple of hills of cantaloupe - more left over seed.  time will tell.

Happy 5th of July!



No comments: