Friday, January 17, 2014

she huffed and she puffed

   and really didn't blow that much.  Mother Nature was pretty good to us yesterday -- or perhaps we over reacted to the potential of bad weather.  at times it was nasty. 

   I loaded up my tote bag and zip drives full of work and headed home at 5:30 ... there was still the glow of dusk.  I rarely -- and I mean rarely get home while it is still light out (between November and mid-April) ... there was a hot meal when I arrived.  And of course the internet was out -- so, I did what I did.

   I worked in my jammies for 3 hours and went to bed!


M


ps.  it's crafty girls weekend.  I can't seem to decide on projects and haven't packed a thing.  I'm in charge of supper tonight -- hello, pizza anyone?

 

3 comments:

gz said...

We've had a lot of wind, and many trees down....and far too much rain!
Losing more trees is worrying as UK is the least afforested in Europe...only 12% forest cover.

Oh yes, and they've stopped tree planting grants....which helped prevent flooding..
and increased land use grants, so more ploughing...so more flooding and soil erosion....
On top of that, "land in agricultural use" doesn't include that with a tree crop on it....
AAAARGH!!!! Rant over!!

Marie said...

I feel your pain .... we've been fretting over the emerald ash borer issue and then were told they may have froze in our prolonged cold spell -- but it just delays the issue. I ordered my trees yesterday for spring planting!

Shay said...

Have a fabulous crafty weekend Diva. I think pizza is the perfect way to start a creative weekend....