Sunday, December 7, 2014

Saturday and Sunday stitching

 
so, it was a kit in my wip piles ... from Gruebers a long time ago ... 32 fat 8ths of color ....
 
 
this was a Christmas gift to myself --- $25 of thread ....

 
diamonds are a girls best fried -- especially starched and pressed.

 
and 32 diamonds make a star ... it took longer to cut the goofy things out than it did sewing them together ... the pressing/starching kept the bias edges from stretch ..
 
 
and the rest of it -- kona black (came with the kit) ... anywho.... I'm ripping out 3 of the corners and cutting them larger -- I had the "should I cut them larger" moment .... and didn't listen to my inner self ...  in the end it should be 45 x 45 ... and will look fabulous on my office wall....
 
 
I started chopping up the baseball prints and strip stitching lots of strip stitching ....
 
stay tuned!


1 comment:

Barb H said...

Beautiful quilt! On your office wall, will it remind you that you "work to quilt?" :0)