Saturday, January 24, 2015

ahhhhh cough syrup

  Thanks for the well wishes ....

  Two nights of codeine cough syrup before bed has been wonderful.   Normally I can sleep thru anything (including nasty weather) ... but that coughing ...


  About 10 years ago I slept thru 75mph straight line winds.  It was mid July -- I had a cold so I took 2 cold tablets and 2 Advil and went to bed -- it was hot and sticky and the a/c was on --  about 11:30 my cell phone is ringing --- Lee --- "are you okay" .. hmmmm yes, snort, cough, hack "why" ....

  They had a tree down on/near their house ... I looked out the window and the laundry was still on the line so didn't think too much of it ... until morning .... when I realized most of the laundry was GONE -- the deck furniture was gone and I too had trees down.  The corn field behind the house was flat .... the patch was a mess --  moral of the story --- one cold tablet at a time ...


  Took a little walk late last Sunday ...


the boys are driving across the field yet ... they are avoiding the "drift" zone and driving in the field ...we picked up another inch on Thursday ... but it has melted.
 

 
 
poor Ruby ... she misses me -- the original plan was to drive her to New Ulm yesterday and then that nasty snow arrived ... even our driveway was brown and dry ... Dad started her up and let her idle in neutral for a spell ...
 
Old habits are hard to change -- it is 5:52 am and I'm about to switch in the third load of laundry ... I was up early (went down early) ... and stuff is piling up. 
 
Have a great weekend all -- I'll be hanging out on 3rd Street!
 
 


No comments: