Wednesday, January 14, 2015

my fence

 
my front fence at the office is full of character -- lots of character
teeming with details

 
and pointed sharp arrows on the top tips

 
it has a gate with a lovely handle ... a functioning gate ...

 
yet this morning .... I watched the newspaper delivery dude -- climb over the top of it (at the gate), get hung up and fall --- I'm not sure which would hurt more --- the sudden stop on the cold concrete or getting punctured by the lovey sharp points in a sensitive body part ....
 
I did ask if he was okay, and then suggested he use the gate -- he didn't utter a word ... I could sense pain in the "agony of defeat."
 
It's my crazy life peeps ---
 
 
 

3 comments:

Eula Carpenter said...

You really do have a beautiful fence! I love all the detail in it. It is especially interesting looking with the frost over it. But really, why in the world would your paperboy try to jump the fence?! That seems like a really bad idea! I'm glad he wasn't seriously hurt at least.

Mark Mckinney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eula Carpenter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.