Thursday, June 4, 2015

I hoe, I hoe, I hoe

me and the hoe were busy in the patch tonight ... Tuesday night I hoed all of the watermelons -- the ground was hard and so was pulling the hoe thru it ...

yesterday (Wednesday) ... we had 1/2 inch of rain ... scattered sun and wind today dried out the top layer enough to hoe .... so tonight was the squash and most of the pumpkins.  tonight went well.

the grass control chemicals seem to be working.  I didn't let him spray over the rows so between the hills there is greening.  grass.  will keep plugging along on it. 

a few cut worms had did some tasting so hoeing will help keep them at bay -- tomorrow will finish up the zucchini and the cantaloupe.  the cantaloupe are pretty small---too small.  the sunflowers and zinnias are up ... lots of color in this years garden!

market is moving to a new location -- the food coop parking lot.  it'll work.  might be tight but we'll have to make it work.


I think I'm off to the lake after the garden chores tomorrow ... wedding for Chris/Jessica on Saturday so ... need to get in a little lake time.


 

No comments: