Monday, June 1, 2015

the Wedding Quilt

 
 
Edited on Friday ... linking up with Crazy Mom ..... I was to impatient to wait for Friday so I posted on Tuesday ....

 
 
 I played around with various strips one day ... 2 1/2, 3 1/2, 4 1/2 and 6 1/2  ....  the beige ones, the batiks were going to be a part of the project and I changed my mind!
 
and the strip sets all got sewed up ....


 
and chopped into 12 1/2 unfinished blocks .. and thankfully there was 36 when the chopping was done ... 6 x 6 became this
 
 
ooops starting with the back -- a blue/beige/khaki 108" floral ... which made life easier
 
 
yep, the front (with the un-planted planters ...and a few lot of weeds


a mid/light tangerine dot binding finished it off (machine bound) ..
 
The wedding is Saturday ... and I finished early.....
I was going to blog about it later in the week .... and link up with Crazy Mom (and I still might) ... it's currently in the washing machine and shortly headed for the dryer ....
 
 
Congratulations Chris and Jessica ---
 


1 comment:

Susan said...

Good job on the quilt, it's beautiful.