Friday, July 17, 2015

Finally, a quilt finish!

 
Lately I'm in assembly line production mode when I quilt --
piece, piece, piece
quilt, quilt, quilt
bind, bind, bind
it's bad -- there are 11 crib/throw quilts in the "to be bound" stack
argh. 
 

 
I took every big scrap out of the bin and cut strips (what else) and zipped 'em together -- this one is quilted with wavy lines on the long arm -- I'm auditioning/learning/attempting/botching new stitch patterns on the long arm with these cribbies.
 
Bessie, the long arm, is old and non-computerized ... it's doing a fine job of turning me into a doodler.
 


and here's the back -- a bold (mainly orange) floral I picked up at Hancock on 7/4 for $2.99 a yard!!!!!  Yep, took the whole bolt.

 
Love my new flag arrangement, don't love the weeds in the flower bed behind it -- they were to be chopped out this week but the hot humid weather has kept me indoors.
 
Linking up with Crazy Mom when she sets up the Finish it Up Friday Linky Party!
 
Have a great weekend -- be smart, stay cool!
 
 

4 comments:

a maidenhair fern said...

First of all, I'm coveting your wrought iron gate. Cute strip quilt. The colors are so fun. It sounds like you need to pick out some good chick flicks and have a binding day.

Gina said...

Good luck with all your binding. I'm with Maidenhair Fern, get the box sets on and have a marathon session

Carie said...

Oh wow that's is going to be a marathon in binding!! It's a gorgeous little quilt and a lovely way to doodle!

mindingmomma said...

Cute quilt, and love that backing. Have fun binding!