Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A finish!

 
this is not normal
Minnesota in December should not have green grass ... or weeds.
We had frost settle in at sunrise this morning.
I like 50' and green grass in December

 
the back
 
 
the front with shadows from sunrise
 
 
and a couple hours later -- ya, it was still hanging out on the fence -- I have since retrieved it ...

I had purchased/collected/stashed/hoarded a bunch of batiks in the greens, blues, browns for another project ... and well, I was watching Sewing with Nancy and she cut strips pieced them into tubes and cut them apart .... all to make a city landscape --- well -- I cut my strips much wider (6") and longer and ta da .... it's a lot bigger than I expected -- but fun, it is a Christmas gift for my brother in law (sshhhhhh).  The back is a 108" hunk of beige/khaki/tan grunge -- and the binding is left over batiks.


edits:  Since it's been another week of crazy -- I'm editing and linking up with Crazy Mom's "Finish it Up Friday" ... if and when the linky party starts.   
 
 


1 comment:

mindingmomma said...

That's a neat way to use larger strips. I have a small stash of blue and green batiks I wanted to make a summer quilt with, I may rethink that now and bust them out! Thanks for sharing.