Saturday, May 7, 2016

the lost is found ... sort of

update:editing:blabbing
I'm going to link this up to Crazy Mom
because I haven't sewed a thing in months
but I love checking out what everyone else has created!
quilt on!!!!
 
 

it was the Scrap Shacks Spring Crafting Event -- I finally took some time away from the office ... I was on official "head gopher duty" ... need lots of labor to pull off any event.
 
I left the office at 2:00 pm yesterday ... rolled into bed at 11:00 (ya, late) .. back to the church by 7:00 am .. lots of prepping, table moving, kp duty, trash duty and a spot or two of sewing ...


 I really didn't know what I was going to work on ... I literally thru a layer cake, a jelly roll and handfuls from my scrap bin into a tub ....  good planning makes for a productive weekend.  tossing fabric in a tub is not good planning.
 
 
so I chopped a layer cake in half (mojito - very bright/cheery)
mixed the halves in a bag and sewed unmatched back together
squared to 9 1/2 inch blocks
added a strip from the jelly roll ...
 
and sewed the odd sized blocks into rows
it's a 7 x 6 layout
 
notice the goof ... it's there ..
 
 
and it really really needs a good pressing -- I took my traveling iron and pressing pad soo....
I have enough of the jelly roll left to make a strippy crib quilt ....
 
 
time for a shower and foot massage ....

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Very cute quilt for something you didn't plan! That's a great way to use a layer cake!