Thursday, September 29, 2016

git 'r done

yep -- the best way to get over the whining is to WORK!  All of the squash is now picked, cleaned up and tubbed up ... the critters are moving in fast.   15 - 16 bushels of wonderful tasty squash ...

So last night I trekked home from the scrap shack via the field road (in Dad's truck aka: the space shuttle) and the twins (deer)  were nibbling on watermelon in the patch .. --- they dashed across the field road in front of me into the woods --- I looked over out the drivers window -- and there was mama ---she almost ran into the side of the truck .... damn

 -- imagine explaining that to elder #1 --- "oh by the way, that dent in your truck came from mama deer running into me" -- believe me, it wouldn't go over well.


150 yards later -- I'm headed thru the windbreak to the yard and two bucks are standing on the road -- dang near picked off one of them ... (double damn) ...


Meetings tonight -- but will glean out the rest of the Sangria watermelon tomorrow and load 'em up  -- then it's repack the Market truck


Someday I might actually sit down and sew again -- someday ...




 

No comments: