Tuesday, September 27, 2016

so ....

the big green machine (combine) headed over the hill and on to the next corn field ... it really doesn't take long to chew thru our humble acreage ....

after the Market this afternoon -- I took a load of old melons out to dump --- far far away from the patch -- as I cleared the windbreak -- 2 freeking deer were nibbling in the patch and the combine was going by --- close by ... the buggers kept on eating.  (%#)%*%)(+_)

so I picked out another 2 rows of squash -- 3 rows to go and they are all picked, ditto the pumpkins and fancies ... 1 more pass thru the Sangria watermelon and perhaps a few black diamonds and crimson sweets ... then the disk will chop it all up.  the end. 

early on I said this was the end.  it might be.  the planning, planting and weeding went really well this year .. deer control was pretty successful until 10 days ago ... but dang the picking, packing and selling is tiring.  has been exhausting ....

I cram a lot into September -- Commission Gig, the re-election gig, the Office Gig, Lake Time, Picking, Packing and Selling.  Selling has been sporadic this season -- our customers counts have been down ... and no one seems to be able to explain it ... or make me understand it -- I think it is location and the lack of marketing -- it's weird.

I'm tired and whining -- I promised I'd quit whining last week ...

On the positive side -- the sun will shine tomorrow and it's going to be a fabulous day!




 

No comments: