Wednesday, December 21, 2016

and the rest of the story ...


For the last 16 years, client Marian kept telling me about this oil painting she had hanging in her living room ... it is MY OLD HOUSE.  I missed/forgot/wasn't paying attention to the reason ... but I think the artist was a friend of hers and always shared her artwork with others ... as to why Marian wanted/received this one ... not sure.

Marian move from her townhouse to an assisted living a year ago ... and this month transitioned to a nursing home -- her daughter in law, Bridget, asked me if I wanted it -- none of the family wanted it or had a close connection to it ...

She brought it yesterday and I'm simply speechless -- it is so awesomely cool!  It now hangs above the mantle -- so, freeking cool.

 

1 comment:

Barb H said...

That painting is really special, Marie. I'm glad your friend handed it over to you.