Thursday, May 18, 2017

the wail (whail) eerie whail ...

of a tornado siren ....

  I had a R9 meeting in Mankato late yesterday -- the radio dude mentioned the "h" (hail) word on the inbound commute so -- I parked Ruby in a nearby ramp and as I was strolling over to the meeting the tornado sirens started to chime ....

  I made it in the building, up the elevator to the third floor and then followed the caravan of R9 employees and Commission members down the stairs (lots of stairs) to the basement where for 40 minutes we all played with our phones and devices ...


facebook friend Cindy E posted this shot --

   When the all clear was okay'd --- we (some of us) took the stairs back to the meeting room and some of us took the elevator -- for the next hour it was heavy rain and hail -- phones kept going off with flash flood warnings and other messages -- damn hard to get anything done in a meeting!

  I got home at 6:30 -- didn't need the windshield wipers the entire time -- weird fog, haze and clouds -- good to be home and I finally had a couple of quality hours at the Bernina!

  More time for sewing over the weekend!  The crafting divas have a garage sale on Saturday -- only crafting supplies at Becky's ... I have tissue holders to trim and stuff and dresses to cut out while I sit there and visit ...

Toodles
M



 

No comments: