Friday, June 2, 2017

production

It has been a weird week -- I've spent too much time in a chair ... believe me I know ... but I've been pretty good at spending time every night at the sewing machine/ironing board/basement sweat shop -- it's freeking 90' in the house tonight -- so the basement was good ...
 
here's the production shots of the week ....
 
 
pillowcase production -- I'm using the modified tube method ... well the band and flange are attached with the tube method -- but I'm not French seaming the side and bottom -- stitch and serge is my method -- with a lot of pressing between steps -- burning thru yards of the stash ...
 
 
first attempt at a bonnet == love the iron as the "mannequin" ... no -- it is not plugged in
a little fussy but cute == uses a fat quarter of fabric and is fully lined

 
pillowcase production from a different angle ... the pincushion was a failure so I'm using it myself -- and the red bowl is my "garbage bowl" .. it works ...
 


No comments: