Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July !!!




Mom and I had a road trip to Mankato (seems like every holiday we shop) ... anyway -- Menards and Joanne Fabric's were calling. I did well. After all, "RoundUp" was on sale --- the fabric store was even better. After our lunch, we did a road tour of Mankato's Sibley Park -- the park has had some major facelifts and is looking good. The pictures are from one of the perenial beds. If it hadn't been raining I know we would have taken advantage of the hiking trail along the river.
We then found an antique store just off the downtown . . nice stuff, clean, no dust bunnies anywhere. Back home for a break -- and in time to cook another meal.
Nick will be here for a couple more days. Jean/Lee are in Rochester. Life with a teenager is entertaining. He's not used to living with the early risers . . . he and Grandpa are off helping wire up the fireworks, then the hotrod tractor pull, back home for supper and back for the fireworks. Busy day.
I have mastered his Wii and become quite the bowler and golfer. I can even bowl left handed!!!
Happy 4th . . .
Diva



No comments: