I got home from the office and elder #2 informed me #1 had tilled and marked the melon patch for me this afternoon. So, I hit the trail and started to plant. Planting makes me smile. The birds were chirping -- the pheasants calling, the neighbors dogs barking .... yep, country life is great!
38 rows of watermelons got planted in just under 90 minutes. I try to be organized and several weeks ago sorted my seed by maturity dates and gridded out the patch on a spreadsheet. So by planting time -- it's just plant.
hoe a hill
drop in the seed
cover it up
stomp on it
move to the next hill
repeat for 6 hills a row and 38 rows.
one must plant in style. I grabbed my 31 bag to hold the seed, the clipboard, the grid and all the other necessities. Works well. Notice how clean new Bessie is? Won't last long.
I scored a fabulous freebie today at the grocery store. They are in the middle of nasty remodel and there was a cart of these off to the side. "Bag holders" ... I've coveted one for eons for my market booth. Some nice young man GAVE it to me. I owe him a treat. $58 of groceries and one free bag holder .... and then I forgot the bread for the egg bake. damn. I'll need to go back.
Happy Diva ....
No comments:
Post a Comment