wastebook (facebook) sometimes has some jewels.
yes, I reside at the apex of flat/corn/absolutely nothing
yes, I reside at the apex of flat/corn/absolutely nothing
and yesterday I learned the river has moved. no shit. 55 years of living near it --- I could have told a few in the room that fact. well, it's moved enough that my property line may/may not extend into Hazard County (Le Sueur) ..wtf. Fortunately (unfortunately) -- there is a US Hwy between I, and said meandering river and the property line.
Fascinating stuff about the original land surveys/cornerstones/plotting -- in 1854. Mind you -- there was no GPS or GIS mapping available.
Happy Hump Day.

1 comment:
That happened near Abergavenny with the River Wye in the 1800s I think...the boundary between two huge estates is the middle of the river. When the river changed course about two hundred yards across the flood plain, one estate lost,the other profited!
Post a Comment