tick tock the clock slowyl
the timekeeper gizmo at my desk at the Government Center -- it's moved from seat to seat with me since Commissioner Haack brought it back for me from the annual AMC conference (8 years ago?)
it serves its purpose well ---
brought it out Monday night to keep the Planning and Zoning troops in line and on time
I've been good during the season of Lent -- we Lutheran's need to practice some of the traditions of our Catholic families and friends -- my pledge for the 40 days is to toss stuff out -- one or two things a day -- working well -- but I could not bear to part with my favorite flannel pants -- they are in tough shape -- the nappyness of the flannel is long gone -- they've faded to lovely shades of denim blue .. I can't -- I just can't toss 'em.
And the other tradition of "meatless" Friday's -- well the fish lover in me is in fish heaven -- it is the best time of year for FISH!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment