Friday, November 29, 2024

post Turkey Day


another awesome quilt block
I really need to sit down and play with some fabric


and how did I spend Thanksgiving
I cleaned my clothes closet -- seriously I am a clothes junkie/horder/nutjob

1 - these are google images 
2 - I have a really small closet and a lot of stuff .. 
3 - I flipped the summer stuff to storage in the upper closet
4 - brought down the winter stuff and purged
5 - 5, yes 5 bags for the thrift shop and I have a couple winter coats in the cave
6 - after realizing I had no turtlenecks 
I ORDERED them this morning
I have a PROBLEM ..



this is about the size of a 5 bag pile .. (without the aforementioned coats - there's a coat drive somewhere all the time) ...  

I managed to find a new pair of sneakers ... and socks .. and bra's still in the bag .. I knew they were in there somewhere ...

so the black friday deals -- well, turtle necks and cream color jeans at lands end ... because I think my oversized tush needs a $30 pair of cream colored denim covering it .. 

I'm trying to get over the obsession of only wearing black or navy ALL the time .. and then I saw myself in Tuesday's costume ... leggings, boots, tunic, long sweater ... no, just never again ... what the hell was I thinking .. and I went to the board gig ( the televised board gig ) in said costume 

In addition to the purge -- 4 loads of laundry -- all the pairs of long underwear and summer slips got washed and put away .. tonight I pack away the summer dresses in clothes bag and store in the basement -- now I have clothes on TWO levels of the house .. 

I really miss the mock neck sweatshirts that I used to get a Kohls .. those buggers were warm ... OBSESSING over clothes is not healthy ..

and the idiots at Lands' End just sent me a 60% off coupon ....     OBSESSION  ...  


after the purge, shower and nap -- we went to Nick and Rachael's for supper -- R had to work until 7:30 (live as a RN) so it was kind of a late night ... and dang morning came fast ... 



 

No comments: