thru the season, I frequently call clients in for "clarification" on stuff/transactions/activities ... yesterday, I had scheduled an appointment with D -- land sale, wasn't making sense in my twisted mind --- well, I'm getting my questions answered and rolling thru my list .. and he asks me "will this be done today?" .. "I won't be around much longer and we need to finish this today" ..
long story short -- last year he was battling throat cancer and the C returned -- liver, lung, pancreas .. chemo wasn't working and he opted for quality over quantity and getting the tax returns done was on his short bucket list of "things" .. -- we got it done.
I'm constantly reminded of the strength of people -- life challenges and changes certainly bring out the best ( and worst ) in people .. I am grateful to spend a brief amount of time with D .. -- hoping for a miracle, yet at the same time knowing his final days are filled with love and laughter -- and according to him -- "one last pontoon ride on the lake - too early to fish and they won't be biting -- I'll need a ride instead" ..

No comments:
Post a Comment