Saturday, April 18, 2026

oh April


April has been a month of "stuff" ...

We made it thru the 15th  - barely, so many extended returns -- I stuck to my "no guarantee after 4/1" drop off drop dead deadline.  So a lot of extensions.

This week was one for the books:
Monday -- hail storm -- golf ball sized hail for 20 minutes at the office
    meeting w/adjuster on the upcoming Monday
Tuesday -- the sewer backed up in the basement - 
    literal shit show.  
Wednesday was the 15th and chaos always reigns
Thursday I had a TDS gig in Mankato and then proceeded to Menards
    how fast can one woman spend $220 -- fast
Friday - another hail storm -- I didn't even look out the window
Today - I went to call a client and didn't have a dial tone ...
    called my enemies at Consolidated -- and they did show up -- and then the kid proceeded to tell me there was something wonky in the phone box behind the liquor store ( really ) and he didn't know how long my phones or internet would be working - seriously I cannot make this shit up. 

    so I packed up homework -- and thought a change of pace in the cave would be good -- and I managed to leave most of it at the office -- evidently a higher power thought I needed to a) work less, b) sleep in or c) go to work tomorrow .. I'll at least sneak in and get the homework pile 

    somewhere I have pictures from the week of chaos ..

    I had hoped to spend time at the cabin but it's 40' and cold -- really cold in the wind so -- we're home.  I managed to bond with the vacuum cleaner in the basement for 45 minutes .. there are less beetles and boxelders (dead and alive) in this house -- where do those buggers come from ... all winter long 

   Tired Diva

 

No comments: