this is not normal
Minnesota in December should not have green grass ... or weeds.
We had frost settle in at sunrise this morning.
We had frost settle in at sunrise this morning.
I like 50' and green grass in December
the back
the front with shadows from sunrise
and a couple hours later -- ya, it was still hanging out on the fence -- I have since retrieved it ...
I had purchased/collected/stashed/hoarded a bunch of batiks in the greens, blues, browns for another project ... and well, I was watching Sewing with Nancy and she cut strips pieced them into tubes and cut them apart .... all to make a city landscape --- well -- I cut my strips much wider (6") and longer and ta da .... it's a lot bigger than I expected -- but fun, it is a Christmas gift for my brother in law (sshhhhhh). The back is a 108" hunk of beige/khaki/tan grunge -- and the binding is left over batiks.
edits: Since it's been another week of crazy -- I'm editing and linking up with Crazy Mom's "Finish it Up Friday" ... if and when the linky party starts.
I had purchased/collected/stashed/hoarded a bunch of batiks in the greens, blues, browns for another project ... and well, I was watching Sewing with Nancy and she cut strips pieced them into tubes and cut them apart .... all to make a city landscape --- well -- I cut my strips much wider (6") and longer and ta da .... it's a lot bigger than I expected -- but fun, it is a Christmas gift for my brother in law (sshhhhhh). The back is a 108" hunk of beige/khaki/tan grunge -- and the binding is left over batiks.
edits: Since it's been another week of crazy -- I'm editing and linking up with Crazy Mom's "Finish it Up Friday" ... if and when the linky party starts.
1 comment:
That's a neat way to use larger strips. I have a small stash of blue and green batiks I wanted to make a summer quilt with, I may rethink that now and bust them out! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment