proof in pictures of my weekend progress is on my phone! truly!
Thursday and Friday nights were dedicated to binding -- making binding, stitching it on the quilts (mainly crib quilts) and pressing it open.
Saturday morning (a 4:30 start) .. I started stitching the bindings down .... and got 4 done before Mom was even out of bed -- as well as the first of many loads of laundry! We were cabin bound for the day --- 2 more were finished out there .. and I pieced a table runner. Jean whipped up funeral hotdish for supper -- it was tasty.
Sunday -- (a 5:30 wet raining start) .. I quilted 2 table runners on the Bernina -- and set up a table in the basement with all of the finished goodness. More than I thought. I even loaded and long armed another crib quilt. And we went back to the cabin (in the rain) after the rain left it was gorgeous. I squared up the pile of quilted and unbound and selected binding fabrics -- the plan is to get them done this week ... 5 more crib sized.
Monday -- holiday, what holiday -- I went to work in the morning -- as in the office, ya -- work. And once I got home the sewing binge continued -- long armed one more crib quilt, quilted two more table runners on the Bernina -- and ... finished reading my book and started a new one!
It is back to work Tuesday -- it should be restful.
M
Thursday and Friday nights were dedicated to binding -- making binding, stitching it on the quilts (mainly crib quilts) and pressing it open.
Saturday morning (a 4:30 start) .. I started stitching the bindings down .... and got 4 done before Mom was even out of bed -- as well as the first of many loads of laundry! We were cabin bound for the day --- 2 more were finished out there .. and I pieced a table runner. Jean whipped up funeral hotdish for supper -- it was tasty.
Sunday -- (a 5:30 wet raining start) .. I quilted 2 table runners on the Bernina -- and set up a table in the basement with all of the finished goodness. More than I thought. I even loaded and long armed another crib quilt. And we went back to the cabin (in the rain) after the rain left it was gorgeous. I squared up the pile of quilted and unbound and selected binding fabrics -- the plan is to get them done this week ... 5 more crib sized.
Monday -- holiday, what holiday -- I went to work in the morning -- as in the office, ya -- work. And once I got home the sewing binge continued -- long armed one more crib quilt, quilted two more table runners on the Bernina -- and ... finished reading my book and started a new one!
It is back to work Tuesday -- it should be restful.
M

No comments:
Post a Comment