Saturday, November 28, 2009

Black Friday Night

So I fell for Black Friday Shopping (after working most of the day).  I left for Mankato at 6:00 and returned to the farm shortly after 8:00.  It was an adventure I care not to repeat.  One of my favorites, JoAnn Fabric's had a sweet little sewing machine table on sale -- GONE, and their website was crashing all day.  Some yutz was buying up every yard of fleece they had -- i shit you not, while i was standing there i watched them cut at least 75 yards of FLEECE.  ugh. 

So I then braved target for the $3 appliances -- GONE, which I expected.  The Susan Boyle CD -- GONE.  Next stop, Herberger's, they wouldn't honor the "doorbuster" prices until morning.  So I left.

On to Hobby Lobby -- bargins, bargins, bargins and really really tired clerks.  Scrapebook paper --- dirt cheep.  Album's ditto.  Next door is Hancock -- so I had to go.  I bought a sewing machine case on wheels -- or Santa did and will be wrapping it up for me. 

So no more shopping until after Christmas.  People are nuts.  The prepaid debit card is looking like a really nice treat.

Off to the office -- the paint roller is calling, then on to Bingo at the Redmen -- Bingo proceeds are for Santa Anonymous ..... this will be the only time I ever play bingo.  


Toodles
Diva

1 comment:

katiegirl said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! ]

I did BF shopping again this year. We usually get to Walmart around 4 AM because they open at 5. We were done shopping at 5:20 and out of the store by 5:45! We usually don't do any other stores though.