this is the sea of shoppers in the Annexstad building 1 hour into the Maker Fair -- it was a crowded, jumbled out of control free for all ... well, free for all might not fit - but wowzer it was jammed -- frankly I think the organizers needed to tweek a lot.
1. The aisles need to be wider for shopper safety ... it was nuts.
2. No strollers -- there just isn't room for them ...
3. 2 days ... instead of one ... might spread out the sea of humanity.
4. tighten up the merchants a bit better -- which would probably leave me out of it ... that's okay.
5. food, need more food and spread it out.
6. need a building captain in each building -- that stays in the building.
6. more toilet paper please -- paper towel ... hmmmm
I saw this crochet sweater coat on a shopper -- believe me it looked a heck of a lot better in person ... I creeped (with the telephoto ) and took this shot ... it was cool. yes, I'm a dweeb.
I got away from my booth in the beginning and bought these twin tin trees.
coolest thing ever. expensive, but darn cool.
need more.
My truck is unpacked, tables and chairs are put away -- tubs of leftovers are at the office -- I'm going to be a vendor at the Scrap Shacks Fall Crafting Gig next Friday and Saturday .. storing in the back room of the office is less steps than the basement at home.
I'm not sure if I'll do this again. I was a tad bit disappointed at my booth location (okay, I was pissed) the whole thing was a bit disorganized (okay a lot) .. but the shoppers were having fun and there was a whole lot of them ... time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment