I make no excuses and I complain regularly faithfully (loudly) that I hate the darkness of winter. It's 7:37 am and its still freaking dark -- I hate it -- this weekend is the daylight savings switcheroo ... I don't like that either --
The only solution is to move closer to the equator -- that not be in my realm of reality -- but dang it's dark ......
Part of it is the work schedule -- I go to work in the dark, I come home in the dark (weekends too) -- it's always dark -- the windows are covered in plastic and we become hermits ---
The coolness of October hasn't helped -- I wore a winter coat while mowing the lawn Tuesday afternoon -- Saturday is yard work at home -- most of the leaves have fallen ... #1 mentioned he'd have the lawn vac system ready for me -- he'll still be farming ...
His favorite daily quip -- "I burned thru 243 gallons of diesel today" -- one must love a tractor that spews out such details regularly -- it gives him all kinds of useful data -- "slippage" ... spinning tires .... who knew ...
Yesterday morning my cell phone rang at 6:45 ---
some dude says "Is this Mankato Implement? I need ....kdjfad a kdf...." ..
my reply -- "no -- we aren't green -- we're red" ...
total silence -- and then "huh --"
sorry dude you have the wrong number -- but good luck .... :)
all in a day of my crazy life ...
The only solution is to move closer to the equator -- that not be in my realm of reality -- but dang it's dark ......
Part of it is the work schedule -- I go to work in the dark, I come home in the dark (weekends too) -- it's always dark -- the windows are covered in plastic and we become hermits ---
The coolness of October hasn't helped -- I wore a winter coat while mowing the lawn Tuesday afternoon -- Saturday is yard work at home -- most of the leaves have fallen ... #1 mentioned he'd have the lawn vac system ready for me -- he'll still be farming ...
His favorite daily quip -- "I burned thru 243 gallons of diesel today" -- one must love a tractor that spews out such details regularly -- it gives him all kinds of useful data -- "slippage" ... spinning tires .... who knew ...
Yesterday morning my cell phone rang at 6:45 ---
some dude says "Is this Mankato Implement? I need ....kdjfad a kdf...." ..
my reply -- "no -- we aren't green -- we're red" ...
total silence -- and then "huh --"
sorry dude you have the wrong number -- but good luck .... :)
all in a day of my crazy life ...
No comments:
Post a Comment