and it's 7:30 am and all my payrolls for the week are done and transmitted .. there may/may not be one more ...
one of my oldest / first clients closed last Saturday --
they've been in the food biz since 1981 --
first as a franchisee -- then sold --
and new owner stayed with us ..
and pre covid was struggling and the covid fight became too much to overcome.
they gave it all -- but -- aging equipment/facilities and workforce issues ...
I went home at 4:00pm yesterday .. and checking the cameras last night -- 6 peeps dropped stuff in the drop boxes --- who leaves stuff in a box after 4 pm on a Sunday -- seriously -- ... and messages on the answering machine. I forgot to roll it to my cell when I left -- I'm learning to give myself boundaries and hopefully check out
Jean sent me text pix from the happy place -- she's got their bedroom set up -- curtains, bedding .. Lee has been working on projects all winter long -- window and door trim, stove, weatherproofing, door closers, gas leaks, replacing toilet, putting furniture together, plumbing, cutting down trees, ... I'm tired listing it all ...
it's tornado day 23 years ago ... life changing and challenging ... in the grand scheme of life ... this pandemic shit is worse ...
No comments:
Post a Comment