Sunday, March 28, 2021

March 2021

CAUTION -- long and windy post ... during operation silence -- I started a blog post and every once in awhile would dive in and jot down some ramblings.  I ramble.  

What a crazy life I lead.  I need to find some balance in this new normal.  Balance in upheaval ... it will happen I just don't know when.


 03/03/21 -- I received my second covid vaccination on Monday -- I'm an emotional sap.  I just am.  I was blessed, grateful, happy and overwhelmed with one needle stick -- there are others who need this more than I ..   I think the elders get theirs next week.  

  Yesterday, I was pooped all day long -- just freaking tired - I when home at 7:30 - bed by 8:00 and slept until 5:00 am ... like a rock -- woke up a new energized woman -- who hasn't finished a thing today.  But the sun is shining, I feel better and certainly blessed.


03/04/21  -- 41 days and 40 nights to go.  we've got a lot of work ahead of us.  it will get done -- it has to get done.  

03/05/21 -- Dr Vern died yesterday -- when some one is your neighbor for 55 years -- they are family.  I see him walking 3 times a day -- he told me once "moving keeps us young" .. I saw a picture of the family on wastebook ... all 5 boys, Vern and Jan -- 

   I think we got shit done today.  On the prowl for help.  Contacted a gac'er -- we'll see how that turns out otherwise plowing thru ... we'll get there I know we will.

03/06/21 -- My attitude adjustment ( Saturday moments ) was a trip to the Garden Center.  $145 later I've got 9 new houseplants and might need to get some more.  I had fun shopping for green things for the office and home.  Plants are good for the soul.

03/08/21 --  almost lost it yesterday -- I hired more help.  Tax bill is about to change it all.  all that work and so many changes .. 

03/10/21 -- I keep forgetting what day it is.  I hired new help yesterday -- at least for part of tax season -- Kevin is going to be in and out - farming, farming prep.   This morning I added another seat to the VPN and to the earth network -- damn techy project - not sure I know what I'm doing.   

quote for life:  " it is nice to be important, but more important to be nice" ... vern --     so true, vern, so true -- giving thanks daily for that reminder.

03/13/21 -- I woke, arose and went to work at 3:15am .. it's now 6:01 ... a pile of tax returns got finished and printed (always important) 3 loads of laundry are done and I'm thinking about the 4th.  The shower awaits me.  And since I'm over productive --- I might drive Ruby to work

elders got their second pfizer shot on Thursday -- mom was really tired yesterday, #1 was barking about being stiff and sore and then he admitted he knocked his head/shoulder climbing in and out of the skid loader -- and has a large knot on his head.  ( insert giant eyeroll) I hear him moving -- will check in before I leave the building.  


love the fitbit app and my fitbit ... the sleep feature is kind of cool 
I did sleep on Monday -- the fbit was on the charger



tornado warnings in March .. and Jan



proof !


03/17/21  --- there's a dump truck ballet happening in front of the office -- the heavy white stuff is getting relocated.  


I was on the front page of the paper again ..
I hope they come back when my desk is clean


03/18/21  --- IRS gave us another month -- Mn will follow ... all but estimates are due .... and we'll push them off too ... I got to work yesterday before 5am -- McDonalds wasn't even open.  Today was 5:15 ... I keep chanting "I've got this, I've got this"  and I think we do.  It's never I it's always we.

03/21/21 -- I had my 2nd worst day as a commissioner last week.  enough said.  We also received an automatic extension for Minnesota.  slogging our way thru the piles and stacks.  I think we're making progress.  think.  key word is always think.  

03/24/21 -- a rainy day in paradise.  Left the truck outside for a free wash -- trying to get some of the mud off of it.  Dad left his new truck out too.  Black is hard to be clean.  

03/27/21  Ruby rolls ... 


I strolled over the shed, pulled off her blanket and drove away into the darkness ... once I zig zagged out of the shed.  #1 had her tucked in pretty tight and a few of his treasures were scattered around back there... he's been busy on projects all winter.


03/28/21 Sunday's on Third ( sounds like a book eh) .. well Sunday's on third -- Marie, Jan and Regis come to work, me at 6, Jan by 7 and Regis by 8:30 .. well today -- we were all here by 7 ... I had a HyVee moment between 6 and 7 .. I was the only customer ... I walked up and down every aisle for exercise.. 

So far, quarterly payroll reports have been roughed out, payroll ( 3 are done) -- email inbox cleaned up and moving on to the projects of the day ....















No comments: