Saturday, March 18, 2023

more ramblings

03/16/23 8:25 pm 



I searched thru the pix archives and found this one from 2013's St Patrick's Day Parade .. 

I came home shortly after 6:00 tonight -- the weather is awful (well, it could be worse) and working from home seemed like a good plan for the evening.  The office chaos continues -- I'm clueless on what is done, what needs to be done and even what freaking day it is.  

I keep plugging along.  It's all I can do.   I'm trying.  
I ordered a $100 gizmo on Amazon, my big screen monitor works now.  

Our summer project will be to move all our data from TR servers in the cloud back to the closet server and control our own destiny.  Build a personal VPN and go to work -- I cannot deal with the inefficiencies of TR any longer -- Tuesday we were done for 3 hours.  3 hours of no work .. time is money and I get irked when things do not work.  We haven't received an acceptance letter since late Tuesday -- I've transmitted 65 tax returns and heard nothing.  Be patient -- my patience meter is stuck on nasty. 




03/17/23 9:02 pm

    Today, I'm struggling.  First of the firsts ... the parade -- up until the plague arrived he was a "float" driver -- if hauling people in the back of a truck is a float.  It is here.

    All day long, reminders kept popping up -- posting the above pix on wastebook wasn't the best idea I had -- then the flowers I had in a jar -- finally gave up .. and then 3:15 arrived and it was the 3 week mark.

    The weather for the parade was frightfully cold.  Dangerously cold.  I spun chairs around in the front room and watched from the comfort of a chair -- inside.  A client stayed and watched with me.  Kevin and Cameron were outside and dang near froze. 

    I miss my Dad.  Really bad today.  I'm tired, overworked, stressed out by the work gig and miss the perspective  -- those work 'til you drop life lessons haven't kicked in today.  My day started at 3:30 and I just quit -- that hour break for the parade, wasn't a break.  

   I gotta get a life.


 

No comments: