ya, nothing like a winter storm warning to set us all over the edge
late afternoon shot from the happy place -- not sure what's up with the ice .. might be pressure ridges? snowmobile tracks, brave snowshoe tracks -- I don't think the ice is thick enough for people or machines -- weird shit.
so I get packed up, prepped up and finally home .. me, two tote bags of work, etc, and a gallon of milk .. the office is winterized .. every crack has a rug stuffed in it and all of the windows are covered with either custom quilts and or tacky looking rugs ... it works ...
I walk in the door and #2 needs a ride to the pharmacy .. oh. WSWarning and we're in need of a prescription refill -- the inhaler .. argh. I swear she only gets drugs during storms and/or weekends ... and then -- "since we're going by Mc Donalds".. supper of the kings and queens ... seriously when we pull up to the drive up and I ask for a 4a.. they should know it is us .. ... she's the 4a Queen ... I'm the 6 piece chix ... and 1/2 of her fries ... and at 5' .. we're ordering iced tea ... I almost ordered a frappe ... haven't had one of those beauties for 3 months .. rules .. food rules ....
and this is how a worrywart watches the temperature in her office via the ring camera ... the top number is the basement (the unheated basement) the lower left number is upstairs in the back hallway ... and the thermo is set on 70'... the back of the building is always always cold. while we are there -- I set up a space heater back there for a boost on the frigid days ... gotta stash more of the accumulation back here ..
tossing 3 things a day ... pretty soon I'll be tossing myself out ..




No comments:
Post a Comment