I decided I needed to tackle one weird project a day. A couple weeks and all the weirdness would be gone. Yesterday's project -- swap out the printer in the cave for a printer from the office .. and this weekend lug out cave printer to cabin. Easy peasy - just a lot of moving bulky printers.
45 minutes after the swap out at home -- I finally got it to print. I had the darn usb cable plugged into the wrong freaking port.
Seriously -- old age has taught me to buy identical printers for every spot in life. Same toner, same parts, same everything. Same PORTS to plug things into.
Argh.
It prints now. The printer at home had 200,000 images on it .. she was a workhorse -- so she gets to spend retirement at the cabin -- the printer from Kevin's office had 9900 .. barely broke in! I switched to laser printers at workstations 7/8 years ago .. the toner cartridges cost more than the printers -- but they have been really dependable printers -- generally we print to the copier -- but when at home, or when printing specialty items (checks, W2's etc ) it's nice to have a local printer ..
Monday was a software issue -- my desk, the surface pro and the cheep home laptop wouldn't talk to one drive .. well $200 later and another MS license they do .. not sure why access suddenly vanished but it did .. MS holds us hostage.
Today, well today might be entertaining too ...
toodles
M
No comments:
Post a Comment