Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Reflections . . .

 Another deadline in my crazy life is done and gone!   One more this month and well, it starts all over again in February.

 It was starting to rain when I left 3rd street for the farm.  The Highway (the 17.5 million $ road) was wet and well salted ... but our township road left lots to be desired ... then the driveway (the uphill driveway) -- actually wasn't too bad.  Can't wait for morning -- the downhill slide is always fun. 

 I still remember the year when Mom, Joyce and I were headed uphill when we were actually going downhill -- thankfully a snowbank slowed down the spin.  That had to be the winter of 1995 ... my first winter of self employment !!!  The trek home that day was awful .... I got to the approach of the garage -- got out to help sand, fell, and the wind was blowing and the idling car slide into yet another snowbank -- all on its own.  I crawled to the house and elder parked it. 

 Funny the things we remember --- Joyce called early that day (like before 6:00am) and asked for a ride to work -- no wonder !!!   She's been in our thoughts a lot lately.  Must be the aging gig -- it's been a couple of months of reflection.  It is the year to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of my 30th birthday.    

Good thoughts !!

Diva

No comments: