baby quilt #1 -- 30's prints with heart appliques .. odd colored border (not sure what I was thinking). I actually did this in 2002 --- and hand quilted it!!! Now if that BABY would get here!!!!!
baby quilt #2 ... john deere tractors on both sides .... and i machine quilted -- followed the plaid on the flip side (of which I deleted the picture)
blanket stitched appliques -- see what I mean about the border -- ugh.
the new toy --- so far it's threaded and I kinda read the book and played a bit ... once dinner is in the oven and the rain starts I'll play more.
cheesy presser foot selection. One would think for the money it would be a bit nicer. My 1000 is a bit more heavy duty compared to this one.
I was an efficient DIVA yesterday. I flopped the winter/summer clothes in my closet (and yes if you have to flop -- you have too many clothes). 7 bags were loaded up and delivered to the thrift store and 2 bags went straight to the trash. I have lots less and need nothing. Absolutely nothing. So....
Mom, Jean and I went to Mankato to pick up the new toy -- and at Kohls (while return something that did not fit) I bought more. Although I think undergarments should be exempt from the NO NEW CLOTHES pledge. In addition, anything I sew is exempt. The last time I tried this pledge it didn't last long.
Jean scored at the Thrift Shop. The Vine Store is quite nice -- all furniture & household -- no clothing so it is a lot less cluttered.
Happy Mother's Day !!!!
M
1 comment:
Have fun playing with that new toy. How exciting!
I actually really like the border on the hearts quilt. Not sure why you dont? Both the quilts are so pretty!
Post a Comment