mixed up my chemical cocktail to attempt to tame the weeds in the patch ....and a few creepy crawly creatures (black/yellow beetles)
my 5:45 am commute to the patch this morning. foggy and dewy and it looked like frost with the sunrise. me and a couple of rabbits were the only creatures moving
the weeds. ugh ...
my other tools. soon to be attacked by the garden house ...
after yesterday's deluge of rain, I went up and hand weeded the watermelon side of the patch -- too wet to "hoe" but the weeds pulled easily. Came home and mixed up my chemicals and this morning at sunrise -- went up and sprayed out 5 gallons of "drugs". 2 hours later I was wet and muddy ... ditched my shoes and drove to McD's for breakfast -- gotta love a good drive thru!
As soon as the dew dries ... I'll dash up and dust the squash for bugs. I did not see many thru the weeding/spraying excursions but with all the weeds, they are there!
I still haven't unpacked the truck from Friday night.....
No comments:
Post a Comment