Friday, December 6, 2013

okay I'm cheating. TGIF

 
pictures from an email on how Minnesotans enjoy/survive/chat about winter and it's beauty...
not sure how a plow truck with a blower is a beautiful sight/sound .... unless it's parked in a shed somewhere and not being used
 
Day 3 of winter and it stinks.
 
 

 
this one is a bit easier to understand ... almost looks like our upper field -- although farmer Kevin has ours worked up --- at least 15 minutes post harvest ... "turn and burn" per elder #1 ...
 

 
it's not that cold this morning -- but it was -4 when I tossed my coat on over my jammies and started the truck --- the truck was nice and toasty by the time I was out of the shower and dressed .... it's good for the truck and good for me ... my remote starter works ... but the garage has two freezers in it and I don't think exhaust is good for the food in the freezers ... even with the door open ...
 
this picture is a bit wonky -- if it's -34 and still light out -- we are in deep shit.  I don't think I've ever experienced it that cold (when it's light out) ... perhaps a wind chill temperature of -34 but not an actual air temp -- sunlight will warm it up to at least -10 ....
 
on that happy thought -- TGIF 
dress warm and smile
it's going to last at least another 3 months.
 
M
 



2 comments:

gz said...

just trying to work out what -34 is in centigrade....give up!!...Darn Cold!!!

Our weather is yo-yoing about between cold and damp and about -5C...and VERY windy...if anything, when it settles to one sort of weather you can just deal with it and get on with it!!

Marie said...

it's just flipping cold. nothing runs well (man or machine) and we all get crabby ... but it will warm up and then it will snow.