Friday, November 21, 2014

a Christmas Finish .. (it only took 4 years)

 
ever start something and wonder why -- or better yet wonder if you'll ever get 'er done.  This picture was taken in December of 2011. 
 
It gets better -- its HERE --- Crazy Mom's Figgy Pudding .  I did a little web cruising and found the link.  So since 2009 I've hoarded this pattern.  I've got to work on the hoarding traits.

 
and July it finally got quilted on the long arm -- hmm it matches the rug and the chair
some time between 2011 and July of 2014 it was designated the new Christmas tablecloth .. so it needs to be durable. 
 
 
and since the weather was crappy (snow) on binding day ... here it is folded in the chair -- quilted with variegated thread from Connecting Threads ... back is 90" muslin.  Pale blue/teal polka dot binding ... every quilt needs some dots.
 


done -- next stop -- washing machine ... then

3 comments:

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

Oh...I love it! I am so glad you finished it. It would look lovely in my home, though... :-)

Barb H said...

It's a beautiful quilt, Marie. You'll love it on your holiday table, I'm sure. It's okay to hoard good patterns and good fabric! :)

Shay said...

Absolutely beautiful - love the idea to use it as a quilted Festive tablecloth.