I had an odd, yet productive weekend. Ruby went to the car wash this morning and after I got home -- she went into storage for the winter ... covered and mouse deterred ... and .... ta dah ... the truck actually fits in the garage -- it's kind of close .... but it fits. We probably should have tested that out sooner ... but she's in the garage.
84 --- 3 inch blocks made from flying geese leftovers ... a whole lot of squaring and trimming
we had a crafty Saturday -- and it was a beautiful weather Saturday -- but ... I made 42 large flying geese blocks in the morning/early afternoon and then used up my trimmings to make the 3" half square triangles above -- I cut 6" blocks from 13 Christmas fabrics for a new Christmas table quilt .... they are in a pile for another day ..
and I did a lot of thinking ... thinking is good ... Mama Pea from A Home Grown Journal recently blogged about the lack of time to keep up with all the stuff (for lack of a better description, stuff works) that overwhelms our days and our lives -- and to recharge herself she's taking a break from blogging, blog reading, and social media. She's got a point -- social media is a giant time user -- and frankly I (all of us) have lost the ability to communicate with each over via the spoken or written word.
I spend too much time on all of it -- too much wasted time. Blogging is the least of it -- blogging is my daily journal for myself (because the 15 of you who read this -- tolerate my ramblings) ... I do purchase, download and print a hard copy of this blog every year -- it's under $ 10.00 ...
So my goal is to only facebook and instagram on my phone - that will slow me down ... and the blog, this blog ... is going to see me once a week ... I might resume the photo a day blog .. but that could be done here ...
and all the extra time -- watch for the letters, cards, notes and phone calls ... we all need to learn to communicate with our friends and loved ones ...

No comments:
Post a Comment